We have three kids skating now on our rink. We all know the drill of getting them ready in the house and then getting them out to the rink, usually by having to carry them. Well that gets old real quick having to carry three kids back and forth. I had heard about Skaboots before but wasn’t ready to drop some cash on them until this year. The kids are getting bigger and and carrying them a couple times finally convinced me to pull the trigger. And boy am I glad. They work as advertised and helped solve a problem. Two important factors when I look at products.
Skaboots advertises multiple benefits but these were a bunch that I concur with:
- Skaboots are much wider than typical skate guards for walking stability and have boot-like soles for excellent traction and mobility.
- Skaboots are perfect for the backyard rink or pond. Put skates on in the house and then head outside. For a quick break, kids can simply put their
- Make it possible to break in skates off the ice, or for beginners to become better-acclimated to being on skates while away from the rink.
- One Skaboots size fits several different sizes of skates, so children can use them for several years as they grow into different skate sizes.
- They’re made of the same rubber material that a hiking boot sole is made of – so they provide great traction but won’t mark up floors.
- No more tying laces outside in the cold.
- Unlike typical skate blade protectors, Skaboots will not damage rugs, wood or tile floors.
The kids had no issue getting to the backyard rink with these on. Even through mud they were solid. They walked all around the house without any issue with various flooring and floor coverings.
The one issue I ran into was the size of the Skaboot. I ordered three pairs based on shoe size. That worked for 2 out of the 3. The third was and issue because of blade size. So make sure you check that out before giving them a go. Other than that, I think these are a solid add for your rink.
The Skaboot solves a problem that many of us deal with. I recommend it for your rink.